NIMS offers the NIMS Graduate Research Assistantship to doctoral students who aspire to a career as researchers in materials science. The assistantship carries a monthly stipend to assist academically deserving students in fulfilling their academic goals. Those students appointed as NIMS Junior Researcher will enable to gain insight into their research career by "hands on" experience of working on latest research projects, without financial hardship.
|NIMS offers NIMS Graduate Research Assistantship to excellent students in the doctoral course of Materials Science and Engineering. The assistantship carries a monthly stipend to assist academically deserving students in fulfilling their academic goals. Those students appointed as NIMS Junior researcher will enable to gain insight into their research career by "hands on" experience of working on latest research projects.
Admission to the Doctoral programs of the NIMS - Yokohama National University joint Graduate Program is a prerequisite for the assistantship. NIMS Junior Researchers are required to have sufficient research ability to be involved in the research.
* The employment occurs when the students are enrolled in the graduate programs without leave of absence or withdrawal.
＊ NIMS Junior Researchers are not permitted to receive a concurrent scholarship, such as JSPS or governmental scholarship, and any part-time jobs. Please see the FAQ for the details.
|The contract is one year, and is renewable every year up to three years. The contract will be terminated if the student fails to demonstrate his/her excellence in research or leaves the program.
It will be determined by the assessment of the candidate and the actual working days.
|by Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance
|Name of Recruiter
|National Institute for Materials Science
Send the following documents by email to NIMS Graduate Program Groupnimsemail@example.com by email, with a subject line of [Yokohama-NIMS GRA] Application.
- Please refer the sample (pdf format)..
- Please include the contact details of at least two references. We may directly contact the references regarding the application.
Scanned copy of the valid TOEFL iBT / TOEIC L&R score certificate.
The certificate must meet the following conditions.
- The result score from the exam taken within 2 years is valid.
- IELTS Academic will be accepted for the NIMS Graduate Research Assistantship application. However, the university only recognize TOEFL iBT / TOEIC L&R.
- TOEFL ITP (Institutional Test Program), TOEIC IP (Institutional Program) and IELTS (General Training Module) are not acceptable.
|20 September - 9 November, 2023
|Application period of the NIMS Graduate Research Assistantship
|Distribution of the university admission guidelines
|Pre-assessment of Applicants' Qualifications
|Document screening result announcement of the NIMS Graduate Research Assistantship
|University application period (online and postal delivery)
|15 January, 2024
|Interview at NIMS (2 days before the university entrance exam. may be arranged online)
|University entrance exam at university (may be arranged individually)
|- Result announcement of the university exam
- Result announcement of the NIMS Graduate Research Assistantship
|University enrollment and Start of the employment as NIMS Junior Researcher