- Most of the foreign nationals can get tourist VISA on arrival. Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) is the only international airport of Nepal, so far. The Immigration Office, TIA under the Department of Immigration has been facilitating tourists flying to Nepal by providing Visa on Arrival. 'On Arrival' visa procedure is rather simple and very quick. Nevertheless, you may expect some queues during peak Tourist season. If you wish to skip those queues, you can also consider getting Visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions stationed abroad prior to your arrival. For details, please see official webpage of Department of Immigration:
- Please follow the link below for simple procedures for Tourist Visa on Arrival at the airport (TIA), if you have not acquired Visa prior to boarding the plane.
- Indian Citizen do not need Visa to enter in Nepal. However, they need to present their passport or travel document to the immigration counter at TIA.
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizen (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals