Phase transition in carbon nanotubes
Dai-Ming Tang, ICYS-MANA, NIMS
In situ transmission electron microscopy (TEM) is a unique approach to direct correlate the materials structures and properties at atomic level. In this presentation, I will firstly give an overview of our in situ TEM works for the investigations of nanomaterials growth, manipulation, and measurements [1-6]. After that, I will focus on our most recent work on the phase transitions of metals encapsulated in carbon nanotubes (CNTs).
1. D.-M. Tang et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107, 9055 (2010).
2. D. M. Tang et al., ACS Nano 5, 7362 (2011).
3. D.-M. Tang et al., Nano Lett. 12, 1898 (2012).
4. D.-M. Tang et al., Nano Lett. 13, 1034 (2013).
5. D.-M. Tang et al., ACS Nano 8, 292 (2014).
6. D.-M. Tang et al., Nature Communications 5, 3631 (2014).