About Our Group
Fundamental study of chemical-electric energy conversion including novel batteries, and fuel cell catalyst, and genetically-engineered microbial electrode catalysts. In situ determination of geometric, electronic and molecular structures at solid/liquid and solid/bio interfaces and electron transfer dynamics by ultra fast laser spectroscopy.
New Topics Archives
- A.Okamoto and Deng published a new video article in JoVE.
- 24, July 2018
- Zhang and A.Okamoto published a review in Microbial Biotechnology.
- 16, July 2018
- A.Okamoto published a review in Bioindustry.
- 12, July 2018
- Deng and A.Okamoto published a review in Extremophiles.
- Y. Tokunou published a new video article in JoVE.
- 16, April 2018
- Deng's work was featured on FOCUS of "Newton"(May 2018).
- 26, March 2018
- A.Okamoto published a new paper in American Society for Microbiology, mBio (Open Access).
- 27, February 2018
- A.Okamoto was featured in "EMIRA".
- 7, February 2018
- Deng published a new paper in Science Advances (Open Access).
- NHK (Japanese public broadcaster) reported this work as news twice on Saturday.
- 16, February 2018
- Okamoto group was featured in Asahi newspaper for the discovery of microbial fermentation coupled with power generation.
- 26, January 2018
- A. Okamoto gave Invited talk in IGER International Symposium on Cell Surface Structures and Functions 2017 (at Nagoya University).
- 30, November 2017
- Application for NIMS Graduate Research Assistantship
(April 2018 admission) is now open.
- 21, August 2017
- A.Okamoto was featured on a TV program "Mirai no kigen".
TBS at 29th Oct.23:09～23:15, BS-TBS at 5th Nov.20:54～21:00.
- 29, October 2017
- Y. Tokunou received a Student Oral Presentation Award on The 55th annual meeting of the biophysical society of Japan held at Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
- September 2017
- Yang Shuo received an Oral presentation award for young researcher of the 68th Colloid and Interface meeting held at Kobe University on 6th - 8th
- September 2017
- Xiao Deng received a Poster Prize on Biochemical society focused meeting, Extracellular Electron Transfer: Mechanisms and Opportunities held at University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
- 5, August 2017
- J. Saito published a new paper in Electrochemistry (Open Access)
- July 2017
- 2 Newspaper posting on NikkanKogyoShinbun (17th July) and KagakuKougyoNippou (19th July)
- 26, June 2017
- Y. Tokunou received a Oral Award on Interdisciplinary Symposium for Up-and-coming Material Scientists (ISUMS) held at Osaka, Japan
- June 2017
- Y. Tokunou published a new paper in Angew Chem Int Ed (Open Access)
- April 2017
- "Ohana-mi" party was held in NIMS.
- 12, April 2017
- Hokkaido Univ.-NIMS joint symposium was held in Hokkaido Univ.
- 21, April 2017