|1993||-||1995||Ph.D., Physics department, Graduate school of Science, Osaka University|
|2009||-||Present||Principal Investigator, National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS)|
|2008||Senior Research, Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)|
|2006||-||Present||Director, Nano-scale surface control for high-performance organic transistor,- Project, CREST Program, Japan Science and Technology Corporation (JST)|
|1999||-||2008||Researcher/ Senior researcher/Unit leader, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research (RIKEN)|
|1997||-||1999||Researcher, Hitachi Cambridge Laboratory, Hitachi Europe Ltd.|
|1996||-||1997||Visiting researcher, Cambridge University, Cavendish Laboratory, Microelectronic Research centre, Research Fellow (PD), Promotion of Science (JSPS)|
|1994||-||1999||Research Fellow (DC), Promotion of Science (JSPS)|
|1992||-||1993||Researcher, Hitachi Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd.|
Dr. Tsukagoshi has developed nano-devices fabricated in nano-materials. In the transport experiments of the nano-carbons, nano-injection between the electrode and nano-carbons was carefully formed to control the electron injection. Contact interface between metallic contact and organic film was also investigated to establish the organic transistor. In these experiments, he noticed that the electron injection would be key point to control the nano-electronics. His researches are widely known in the world as important pioneering results to understand the transport in nano-carbons. Topics are mentioned bellow:
- Spin-dependent transport in carbon nanotube: Spin polarized transport was succeeded in carbon nanotube. (This report was published in Nature. So far, this paper was cited more than 370 times.)
- Nano-gap fabrication and molecular transport: 1 nm control for metallic nano-gap was developed for molecular-scale material transport. A spin dependent transport in a dimer of fullerenes was detected.
- Gate-electric field dependent conduction in grapheme: band-gap engineering in graphene was successfully performed.
- Organic transistor: Current injection mechanism in organic thin film transistor, that was one of the most important issues to be solved for transistor control, was revealed.
- Complementary-like Graphene Logic Gates Controlled by Electrostatic Doping
- S.-L. Li, H. Miyazaki, M. V. Lee, C. Liu, A. Kanda and K. Tsukagoshi
- Small 7 (11) 1552-1556 (2011)
- Organic Single Crystals Directly Grown on Polymer Dielectric via Solution Process and Field Effect Transistors with Band-like Transport
C. Liu, T. Minari, X. Lu, A. Kumatani, K. Takimiya and K. Tsukagoshi
Advanced Materias 23 (4) 523-526 (2011).
- Enhanced Logic Performance with Semiconducting Bilayer Graphene Channels
S.-L. Li, H. Miyazaki, H. Hiura, C. Liu and K. Tsukagoshi
ACS nano 5 (1) 500-506 (2011).
- Control of device parameters by active layer thickness in organic field-effect transistors
M. Kano, T. Minari, K. Tsukagoshi and H. Maeda
Applied Physics Letters 98 (7) 073307/1-3 (2011).
- Effect of air exposure on frequency response characteristics in pentacene-based organic devices
X. Lu, T. Minari, A. Kumatani, C. Liu and K. Tsukagoshi
Applied Physics Letters 98 (24) 243301/1-3 (2011).
- Influence of disorder on conductance in bilayer graphene under perpendicular electric field
H. Miyazaki, K. Tsukagoshi, A. Kanda, M. Otani and S. Okada
Nano Letters 10 (10) 3888-3892 (2010).
- Anisotropic transport in epitaxial graphene on SiC substrate with periodic nanofacets
S. Odaka, H. Miyazaki, S.-L. Li, A. Kanda, K. Morita, S. Tanaka, Y. Miyata, H. Kataura, K. Tsukagoshi and Y. Aoyagi
Applied Physics Letters 96 (6) 062111/1-3 (2010).
- Low operating bias and matched input-output characteristics in graphene inverters
S.-L. Li, H. Miyazaki, A. Kumatani, A. Kanda and K. Tsukagoshi
Nano Letters 10 (7) 2357-2362 (2010).
- Surface selective deposition of molecular semiconductors for solution-based integration of organic field-effect transistors
T. Minari, M. Kano, T. Miyadera, S. D. Wang, Y. Aoyagi and K. Tsukagoshi
Applied Physics Letters 94 (9) 093307/1-3 (2009).
- Contact resistance instability in pentacene thin film transistors induced by ambient gases
S. D. Wang, T. Minari, T. Miyadera, K. Tsukagoshi and J. Tang
Applied Physics Letters 94 (8) 083309/1-3 (2009).