- Based on organic synthesis, inorganic chemistry, supramolecular chemistry, polymer science, electrochemistry, and photochemistry, our group aims to develop novel functional macromolecules with electronic / optical properties and to apply them to energy-related, environmental, medical, and display applications.
- Open Institute（23/4/2017）
- We introduce our electrochromic materials.
- International Workshop (15/3/2017)
- The 1st International Workshop on Chromogenic Materials and Devices (Namiki-site, NIMS)
We hold an international workshop on chromogenics.
- Adoption (24/2/2017)
- Dr. Yuki Seino has been adopted to JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow (PD).
- Exhibition (15-17/2/2017)
- nano tech 2017 (Tokyo Big Sight)
We exhibited our electrochromic devices in NIMS booth (three days) and JST booth (the first day only).
- Science Class (3/2/2017)
- Tsukuba Sience Cafe SCIENTIA 2017 (Namiki-site, NIMS)
Participants fabricated a color switchable glass device with a dry cell.
- Exhibition / Award (31/1/2017)
- SAT Technology Showcase 2017 (Tsukuba International Congress Center)
We exhibited our cuttable display sheet with scissors.
It was selected as "Best Presentation Award for Applied Research".
- Exhibition (20-21/10/2016)
- NIMS WEEK (Tokyo International Forum)
We introduced "cuttable display sheets".
- TV Broadcasting (4/9/2016)
Dr. Yuki Seino was introduced.
- TV Broadcasting (22/7/2016)
- TV Tokyo
"Cuttable display sheet" was introduced.
- Press Release (13/7/2016)
- "Cuttable display sheets developed"
NIMS website (in English),
NIMS website (in Japanese)
JST website (in Japanese)
It appeared in many newspapers, magazines, and netnews of Japan and foreign countries.
- Open Institute（20/4/2016）
- We introduced our electrochromic materials.
- New group name and affiliation (1/4/2016)
- Acoording to reorganization in NIMS, our group name has changed from "Electronic Functional Materials Group" to "Electronic Functional Macromolecules Group".
- Exhibition (27-29/1/2016)
- nano tech 2016 (Tokyo Big Sight)
We exhibited our electrochromic devices in the JST booth.
- Program "Science Q": school visit (14/12/2015) and the radio broadcasting (9/1/2016)
- A lecture on electrochromism was done at primary school in Tsukuba-mirai city.
The lecture was broadcast on the radio.
- NIMS Internship（8-10/2015）
- We accepted two students from Ochanomizu univ.
- Summer visit / On-site training（7-8/2015）
- We supported the visit / on-site training of the following senior high school students.
Mizusawa (Iwate), Seisho (Kanagawa), Niigata (Niigata), Okazaki (Aichi)
Kobe (Hyogo), Takamatsu-kita (Kagawa), Chienkan (Saga)
- Open Institute（15/4/2015）
- We introduved our electrochromic materials.
- Program "Science Q": school visit (31/11/2014) and the radio broadcasting (9/11/2014)
- A lecture on electrochromism was done at junior high school in Tsukuba-mirai city.
The lecture was broadcast on the radio.
- Award (2/7/2014)
- Dr. Rakesh K. Pandey won Best Poster Award.
NIMS Conference 2014 (in Tsukuba International Congress Center)
- Movie Release (11/9/2013)
- You can see our electrochromic display devices on the following websites.
NIMS Homepage / YouTube
- Award (22/8/2013)
- High school students of our E-paper team won Best Presentation Award.
Tsukuba Science Quest (Innovation Forum in Tsukuba)
- Award (2/7/2013)
- Mr. Jian Zhang won Best Poster Award.
NIMS Conference 2013 (in Tsukuba International Congress Center)
- Award (25/4/2013)
- Dr. Chih-Wei Hu won CSJ Presentation Award.
93rd Annual Meeting of Chemical Society of Japan (CSJ) (in Ritsumeikan univ.)
- Press Release (29/3/2013)
- "Supramolecular Thiophene Nanosheets"
- Adoption (15/1/2013)
- Dr. Rakesh K. Pandey has been adopted to JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow for Foreign Researchers.
- Homemade Sweets (12/12/2012)
- Award (25/10/2012)
- Dr. Takashi Sato won Poster Award.
12th NIMS Forum (in Tokyo International Forum)
- TV Broadcasting (22/5/2012)
- BS Fuji
Our electrochromic displays were introduced.
- Press Release (21/5/2012)
- "Development of Light-Emitting Film with Sensitivity to Airborne Materials"
It appeared in domestic newspapers.