NIMS and GIANT Conclude a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Collaborative Research Center
(September 30th, 2014) NIMS (President Prof. Sukekatsu Ushioda) and GIANT (Grenoble Innovation for Advanced New Technologies, consisting of 8 institutes) in France concluded a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on collaborative research center effective for 3 years. Based on this MOU, NIMS and GIANT agreed to establish the GIANT-NIMS Collaborative Research Center in each campus, and NIMS offices in GIANT are located in NEEL institute and MINATEC campus.
Both NIMS and GIANT are enthusiastic for the future collaborations on materials research. This center will surely contribute developing the research activities and exchanges not only between GIANT and NIMS but also between Japan and France.
At the signing ceremony, Dr. Jean THEME from CEA tec CEO as representative of GIANT, and Coordinator Dr. Alain Schuhl from UJF were present.
This is the fourth collaborative research center which NIMS has established overseas, and first one in Europe.
*GIANT is the cluster with more than 6,000 researchers and 5,000 students, located in Grenoble, the second largest economic growth city in France. City of Tsukuba and Grenoble conclude sister city agreement in 2013. GINAT consists of 8 institutes below.
- French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy (CEA)
- National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS)
- European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
- European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF)
- Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL)
- Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM)
- Grenoble INP ・Université Joseph Fourier (UJF)
- European Molecular Biology Laboratory(EMBL)