News & Topics
- The free shuttle bus service
Application for the free shuttle bus can be made online.
Please apply from your personal page by April 25th 23:59 (JST).
- For poster presenters.
The dimensions of a poster panel:
The dimensions of a poster panel are 2.1 m in height and 0.9 m in width.
The Posters Oral Summaries session:
Poster presenters can make a very brief talk of one-minute / one-slide in the Posters Oral Summaries sessions.
- P001 - P060: 18:30-20:00 Monday, May 15th
- P061 - P120: 18:00-19:30 Tuesday, May 16th
The one-page slide submission guideline:
- The PDF file must be one page, less than 2 MB.
- The file name must be "POSTER NUMBER_YOUR LAST NAME.pdf".
- Please submit the file to EDGE2017abs@nims.go.jp by May 7th, 2017 (JST).
After that, you will have to give your PDF file to EDGE
Registration Desk of the conference site using
memory by 15:30 Monday.
- Proceedings (full-length papers) will be published in MICROSCOPY (Oxford Journals) as the "EDGE Special Issue".
- Participants of EDGE2017 are recommended to prepare each manuscript for the special issue by the date of the meeting. Manuscript submission will be open from May 1st, 2017. The submission deadline for the special issue will be at the end of May, 2017.
- The name of the conference venue will be changed on May 1st, 2017.
- The new name of the hotel is "OKUMA Private Beach & Resort".
About the Meeting
EDGE2017 is the 8th in this series of conferences. It will use a Gordon Conference-style format, with a mixture of scientific sessions and free time for informal discussions (see information about previous workshops here ). It will take place at JAL Private Resort Okuma, Okinawa, Japan, a secluded beachside resort that artfully blends Japanese traditions with modern conveniences.
- April 11th, 2017
- Information about the poster presentation has been added to the Home page.
- February 1st, 2017
- Abstract submission (except for invited speakers) has been closed.
- January 20th, 2017
- The deadline of abstracts submission has been extended.
- January 17th, 2017
- The Abstract Template has been modified.
- Information about support for students & post-docs has been updated in the Scholarships page.
- December 20th, 2016
- Information about support for students & post-docs has been added to the Scholarships page.
- December 5th, 2016
- Sponsors page has been updated.
- December 1st, 2016
- Online Registration and Accommodation has been started. Registration and Accommodation information is given on Registration page.
- November 4th, 2016
- Abstract submission has been started. The information about abstract submission is given on Abstracts page.
- September 27th, 2016
- Information about Proceedings has been added to the Abstract page.
- Travel information has been updated.
- Social event information has been updated.
- August 31st, 2016
- A few typos have been corrected. We thank Prof. C.C. for advice.
- August 2nd, 2016
- Invited Speakers list (tentative) has been given in the Program page.
- EDGE2017 brochures (.pptx and .pdf) have been updated.
- July 12th, 2016
- Important Dates and Sponsors have been updated.
- July 6th, 2016
- Photos and EDGE2017 brochures (.pptx and .pdf) have been updated.
- June 8th, 2016
- The Japanese Society of Microscopy supports EDGE meeting.
- June 7th, 2016
- An e-mail address for inquiries has been added.
- March 31st, 2016
- A PDF file of the EDGE 2017 meeting brochure (tentative) has been added.
- March 16th, 2016
- Typos and mistakes in this tentative website have been fixed.
- December 21st, 2015
- Tentative website is open.